It’s always a privilege for me to collaborate with art patrons and collectors. I see this as a unique chance where the patron participates closely in the creative process, making the creation of new art possible. The end product is an original hand-made bespoke piece that can never be reproduced or remade.
1. Initial inquiry via email, Instagram or telephone – clarifying available budget and desired time of completion.
2. Writing of draft invoice and commission contract. A price break down will be provided stating how many hours will be spent completing various sections of the piece.
(See here for a sample invoice).
3. Work can begin upon the agreement of both parties and upon the receipt of the initial deposit from the client/patron.
4. Photographs of the process can be arranged periodically in the making of the work.
5. The delivery of the completed work will be arranged upon the receipt of the remaining balance owed.
Things to consider:
1. I will always negotiate and set a quote according to the client’s available budget.
2. Smaller pieces require less time and will be less expensive.
3. Complicated subjects will take more time. I.e. A family of four faces will take longer than drawing a single face.
4. It is also very much possible to leave the selection of the artwork subject matter to me, providing more of a ‘patron’ – ‘artist’ relationship.
5. Payment by instalments can be arranged.
6. Payment by PayPal or Direct Bank Transfer is possible.
6. Patrons paying $2200 AUD and higher are welcome for private art studio visits and are able to receive additional sketches and preparatory drawings free of charge.
Drawing for me is not a part-time hobby but a unique profession made possible from years of professional training and creative practice. I have confidently honed the skills related to my craft, and my draughtsmanship has been recognised with critical success, having been awarded multiple art prizes nationally, (see my current artist CV here). To offer some perspective, professional electricians in Australia typically charge $60-100 per hour whilst plumbers charge $100-150 per hour, along with an additional $60-100 call-out fee.
I have chosen to price my services at $75 AUD per hour.
Projects that require six hours or longer will be priced at a lower rate of $65 per hour, projects that require 12 hours or longer will be priced at $55 per hour, whilst projects that require 18 hours or longer will be priced at $50 per hour.
A price breakdown will be included in a draft invoice prior to the beginning of a new project – identifying how many hours will be spent on each section (see sample here). As I am still an emerging artist, having only completed my BFA Honours at the end of 2017, I have decided, at least for now, to withhold including the resale value of my works in the quoted price. Nonetheless, the value of these works will grow proportionate to my own career development through the coming years.
kristone capistrano art for sale art commission drawing contemporary art contemporary drawing beautiful artwork Australian artist Sydney artist Asian artist Filipino Artist
© 2018 Kristone Capistrano